Skip to main content
Fortanix Data Security Manager (DSM)
DSM-Accelerator Clients Deployment
DSM-Accelerator PKCS#11 Deployment Process
- The DSM-Accelerator client (PKCS11) is deployed locally on the application client machine.
- DSM-Accelerator client authenticates with Fortanix DSM using an API key.
- Applications make crypto calls to the DSM-Accelerator client to perform Crypto operations (encrypt, decrypt, tokenize, detokenize).
- When a key is used for the first time, it is fetched from Fortanix DSM and then gets cached in the DSM-Accelerator.
- For subsequent calls, the cached key is used
- The key will stay cached until the DSM-Accelerator is restarted, if the host is restarted, or until the clear cache API is called.