This article describes the steps to move a key from one Fortanix Data Security Manager(DSM) group to another thereby modifying the group that the key belongs to.
The Key Move feature of Fortanix DSM will allow the users to move a security object from a standard Fortanix DSM group to another standard Fortanix DSM group.
The following actions will happen as part of the key move operation:
- The key will be moved from the source group to the target group: The new key will have the same key material as the original key.
- The key links will remain with the source group and will not be moved to the target group when the key material is moved. Key links must be updated to use the new group that the key material resides in.
- The Key Rotation Policy also moves to the target group along with the key.
To move a key
- Go to the detailed view to a key. In the INFO tab, under the Group section, click CHANGE GROUP to initiate the key move operation. Figure 1: Initiate key move
- In the CHANGE GROUP dialog:
- Select the destination group to move the key to.
- Select the check box to confirm that:
- The users, apps, and plugins will no longer have access to the key once the group is changed and key links will be lost.
- Click SAVE to move the key to the new group.