Fortanix Data Security Manager SaaS Free Trial
This article describes how to sign up for a free trial and get started with Fortanix Data Security Manager (DSM) Software as a Service (SaaS).
Fortanix offers a free trial for Fortanix DSM as a Service. Set up a free trial to access the Fortanix DSM portal and secure your key management and cryptography services on a cloud-neutral platform.
Sign Up For A Free Trial
Perform the following steps to sign up for a free trial on Fortanix DSM SaaS application:
- Go to the Fortanix website.
- Click the Platform tab and select the Fortanix Data Security Manager™ option.
Figure 1: Fortanix DSM SaaS
- Scroll down to Choose From Two SaaS Offering section and select the offering that suits your requirement.
- Explorer Tier: This is ideal for enterprises with selective use cases and small-sized teams who are beginning their data security, privacy, and compliance journey. You can choose from five curated solutions. Click GET STARTED to sign up for the Explorer Tier.
- Enterprise Tier: This is ideal for businesses of any size looking to scale with a full set of industry-leading data security capabilities. Click START 30-DAY FREE TRIAL to sign up for the Enterprise Tier.
Figure 2: Fortanix DSM SaaS Offerings
- In the SIGN UP FOR EXPLORE/ENTERPRISE TIER form, fill the required user information:
- First name and Last name
- Email: Enter your work email.
- Phone number
- Select the service:
- If you want to try the Explorer tier, select any one of the services that you require (Tokenization, Google Cloud External Key Management, Google Workspace Client-Side Encryption, BYOK on AWS, BYOK on Azure).
- If you want to try the Enterprise tier, select the option 30-day Free Trial (All Services).
- You can optionally select the checkboxes:
- Schedule a demo – See Fortanix DSM SaaS in action!
- I agree to receive other communications from Fortanix.
- Click GET STARTED.
- You will now be taken to the Fortanix DSM SaaS sign up page.
- On the Sign up page, the Email address, First name, and Last name fields will be automatically filled based on the details the you provided in the Get started/Start your 30-day free trial form.
- Create a new password and retype the same.
- Select the check box I agree to Terms and Conditions.
- Click SIGN UP to complete the sign-up procedure.
Figure 3: Sign Up
Verifying the Email Address
This section describes the steps to verify your email address after sign up. Perform the following steps:
- After you click the SIGN UP button, an email will be sent to your registered email ID.
- Go to your mail account and click the link in the verification email to confirm your address and activate your account.
Figure 4: Verify Email Page
In case you have not received the email, then click the link RESEND VERIFICATION EMAIL link.
Log in to Fortanix DSM SaaS
After you sign up and verify your email address, you will get an email about the successful registration.
Perform the following steps to log in to the Fortanix DSM:
- Go to the https://amer.smartkey.io/ and log in using your new credentials.
Figure 5: Log in to DSM
Figure 6: Sign In
- Once logged in, you can create a new account, or accept an invitation to join another account. After entering an account, you can view and manage groups, users, applications, and security objects belonging to the account. For more details on how to get started with Fortanix DSM SaaS, refer to the Getting Started Guide.
Figure 7: Dashboard View
Updating the Email Address
After you log in to Fortanix DSM SaaS and enter an account, you can also update your existing email address if required.
Perform the following steps to update the email address:
- Navigate to your Username > My profile.
Figure 8: User Drop Down Menu
- Click the Edit icon and type the new email ID.
Figure 9: My Profile Page
- Click the SAVE button to confirm the new email ID. You will get a verification email to confirm the new email ID.
- Go to your mail account and click the link in the verification email to confirm your updated email address and activate your account.
The email ID is updated successfully.
When your 30 days free trial for Fortanix DSM SaaS expires, you can renew the subscription from the Fortanix DSM SaaS UI.
Perform the following steps:
- In the Fortanix DSM UI, go to Settings and click the SUBSCRIPTION tab.
- On the Current Subscription Plan page, click the CHANGE button to renew the subscription.
Figure 10: Renew Subscription
- In the Plan Change Request dialog box, click the SEND REQUEST button to submit the renewal request.
Figure 11: Submit Request
- After submission, the Fortanix Customer Service team will be informed about the subscription change request. Changes to the subscription will be reflected on the Fortanix DSM SaaS System Administrator portal.
You can alternatively contact the Fortanix Customer Service team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a follow-up.