1.0 Fortanix Data Security Manager SaaS Free Trial
This article describes how to sign up for a free trial and get started with Fortanix Data Security Manager (DSM) Software as a Service (SaaS).
Fortanix offers a free trial for Fortanix DSM as a Service. Set up a free trial to access the Fortanix DSM portal and secure your key management and cryptography services on a cloud-neutral platform.
1.1 Sign Up For A Free Trial
Perform the following steps to sign up for a free trial of the Fortanix DSM SaaS application:
- Go to the Fortanix website.
- Click the Platform tab and select the Fortanix Data Security Manager™ option.
Figure 1: Fortanix DSM SaaS
- Scroll down to the Choose From Two SaaS Offering section and select the offering that suits your requirements.
- Explorer Tier: This is ideal for enterprises with selective use cases and small-sized teams who are beginning their data security, privacy, and compliance journey. You can choose from five curated solutions. Click GET STARTED to sign up for the Explorer Tier.
- Enterprise Tier: This is ideal for businesses of any size looking to scale with a full set of industry-leading data security capabilities. Click START 30-DAY TRIAL to sign up for the Enterprise Tier.
Figure 2: Fortanix DSM SaaS Offerings
- In the SIGN UP FOR EXPLORE/ENTERPRISE TIER form, fill in the required user information:
- First name and Last name
- Email: Enter your work email.
- Phone number
Select the service:
- If you want to try the Explorer Tier, select any one of the services that you require (Tokenization, Google Cloud External Key Management, Google Workspace Client-Side Encryption, Bring Your Own Key on AWS, and Bring Your Own Key on Azure).
- If you want to try the Enterprise Tier, select the option 30-day Free Trial (All Services).
- You can optionally select the checkboxes:
- Schedule a demo – See Fortanix DSM SaaS in action!
- I agree to receive other communications from Fortanix.
- Click GET STARTED.
- You will now be taken to the Fortanix DSM SaaS "Sign up" page.
- On the "Sign up" page, the Email address, First name, and Last name fields will be automatically filled out based on the details you provided in the "Get started/Start your 30-day free trial" form.
- Create a new password and retype the same.
- Select the check box I agree to Terms and Conditions.
- Click SIGN UP to complete the signup procedure.
Figure 3: Sign Up
1.2 Verifying the Email Address
This section describes the steps to verify your email address after signing up. Perform the following steps:
- Clicking the SIGN UP button will trigger the sending of an email to your registered email ID.
- Go to your email account and click the link in the verification email to confirm your address and activate your account.
Figure 4: Verify Email Page
In case you have not received the email, then click the RESEND VERIFICATION EMAIL link.
1.3 Log in to Fortanix DSM SaaS
After you sign up and verify your email address, you will get an email about your successful registration.
Perform the following steps to log in to the Fortanix DSM:
- Go to https://amer.smartkey.io/ and log in using your new credentials.
Figure 5: Log in to DSM
Figure 6: Sign In
- Once logged in, you can create a new account or accept an invitation to join another account. After entering an account, you can view and manage groups, users, applications, and security objects belonging to the account. For more details on how to get started with Fortanix DSM SaaS, refer to the Getting Started Guide.
Figure 7: Dashboard View
1.4 Updating the Email Address
After you log in to Fortanix DSM SaaS and enter an account, you can also update your existing email address if required.
Perform the following steps to update the email address:
- Navigate to your Username → My profile.
Figure 8: User Drop Down Menu
- Click the Edit icon and type the new email ID.
Figure 9: My Profile Page
- Click the SAVE button to confirm the new email ID. You will get a verification email to confirm the new email ID.
- Go to your email account and click the link in the verification email to confirm your updated email address and activate your account.
The email ID has been updated successfully.
2.0 Subscription Renewal
When your 30-day free trial for Fortanix DSM SaaS expires, you can renew the subscription from the Fortanix DSM SaaS UI.
Perform the following steps:
- In the Fortanix DSM UI, go to the Settings → SUBSCRIPTION menu.
- On the Current Subscription Plan page, click the CHANGE button to renew the subscription.
Figure 10: Renew Subscription
- In the Plan Change Request dialog box, click the SEND REQUEST button to submit the renewal request.
Figure 11: Submit Request
- The Fortanix Customer Service team will be informed about the subscription change request after submission. The Fortanix DSM SaaS System Administrator portal will reflect the changes to the subscription.
You can alternatively contact the Fortanix Customer Service team at email@example.com for a follow-up.