This release is superseded by July 6, 2021 release.
This release note provides an overview of the resolved issues in the Fortanix Data Security Manager (DSM) 3.27 patch release.
1. Bug Fixes
- Increases heap size to avoid the probability of backend panic (JIRA: PROD-3354)
- Resolves basic authorization backward-compatibility issue (JIRA: PROD-3355)
- Resolves a few plugin-related deadlocks (JIRA: PROD-3372)
- Backup goes back to snapshot as default - should provide consistent backup time/size (JIRA: DEVOPS-1308 and JIRA: DEVOPS-1368)
- The backup will not backup unnecessary session tables (consistent backup size).
- The backup will optionally provide a way to avoid audit-log in the backup.
cqlshbackup is available for customers that do not have fully replicated Cassandra.
For all other previously resolved issues as well as enhancements and improvements in the Fortanix Data Security Manager for 3.27, refer to the Apr 16, 2021 release notes.
2. Known Issues
This release introduces a change that fails the API requests if the request is made to the Fortanix DSM endpoint with a trailing slash '/'. For example: https://sdkms.fortanix.com//sys/v1/session/auth (JIRA: PROD-3326).
On the application side please make sure that the Fortanix DSM API endpoint does not end with an extra slash, that is, it should not be https://sdkms.fortanix.com/, rather should be https://sdkms.fortanix.com
Since this is a backward-incompatible change for existing applications, we have reverted the behavior in the latest Fortanix DSM 4.0 release.
To download the DSM SGX (on-prem/Azure) and Software (AWS/Azure/VMWare) packages, click here.