An application configuration is an object used to customize the behavior for EDP/EnclaveOS applications.
- For EnclaveOS applications, use this to insert files on the disk in a specific path.
- For EDP applications, use this to provide a key/value map to the applications.
The Application Configuration also provides information regarding connections to datasets or other applications when they are part of a workflow.
For example: You can have an Nginx Enclave OS image and use application config to provide a custom
nginx.conf to it.
Workflow Application Configuration
Application configuration objects can be assigned to apps in draft workflows. These draft workflows are sent for approval and finalized once all users approve the Workflow.
Fortanix CCM then generates a secondary/derived object called Workflow Application Configuration. This contains the original object plus information on Workflow connections needed by enclaves to access the data.
For more details about workflows, refer to User's Guide: Workflows.
Create an Application Configuration
To create an application configuration, you need to have a pre-existing application and an image of the application.
- Click the Applications icon in the CCM left panel and from the left menu select Configurations.
- Click ADD CONFIGURATION to add a new configuration.
Figure 1: Add app configuration
- In the ADD APPLICATION CONFIGURATION window, fill the following:
- Image - select the application images for which you want to create a configuration.
- Name and Description – Enter a name and description of the configuration.
- Ports – Enter the connections to be used in the workflow. These are not network ports, they are string-based tags that will be used to identify connections. You can add multiple ports depending on how the connection should work. For example: “
heartbeat”, and so on.
- Labels (optional) – attach one or more key-value labels to the configuration.
- Configuration items – These are key-value pairs used for configuring the app.
- For EnclaveOS applications, the Key is the path of the file that contains the Value for configuring an app.
- For EDP applications, set a Key and Value to configure the app.
Figure 2: Add app configuration
- Click SAVE CONFIGURATION to save the configuration.
Figure 3: Configuration added