A dataset contains information on how to securely retrieve remote data.
This includes the following:
- A location such as a URL to an external storage service.
- Credentials such as username, password, auth-token, and so on, which are stored securely in a KMS (currently this is Fortanix Self-Defending KMS).
You can leverage these objects to provide data to enclaves securely.
Fortanix CCM’s EDP and EnclaveOS products can retrieve datasets and their credentials when run in an approved Workflow. For more details about workflows, refer to User's Guide: Workflows.
Create a Dataset
To create a dataset.
- Click the Datasets icon in the CCM left panel.
Figure 1: Dataset
- On the Datasets page, click the CREATE DATASET button to create a dataset.
Figure 2: Create Dataset
- In the Create new dataset form, enter the following details:
- Name – the dataset name. For ex: Dataset1.
- Description (optional) – the dataset description.
- Labels (optional)– attach one or more key-value labels to the dataset.
- Location – the URL where data can be accessed.
- Credentials – the credentials needed to access the data.
Figure 3: Create new Dataset
- Click the CREATE DATASET to create the dataset.
Figure 4: Dataset created
Update a Dataset
To edit a dataset:
- In the dataset table view, select the dataset to edit.
- In the detailed view of the dataset, click EDIT DATASET to edit the dataset details.
Figure 4: Edit Dataset
- You can edit the dataset Name, Description, Location, Labels, and Credentials.
- Click SAVE after you edited the dataset.
Figure 5: Save Dataset
Delete a Dataset
To delete a dataset:
- In the dataset table view, click on the dataset to delete.
- In the detailed view of the dataset, click DELETE DATASET to delete the dataset.
Figure 7: Delete a Dataset
- In the confirmation window, click DELETE to delete the dataset.