1. How to size storage for my backups?
Refer to the Backup Sizing section in the Backup and Restore guide for more details.
2. How to do a factory reset? What does it do?
We do not have a method for this as of now. In Fortanix Self-Defending KMS 3.23 release we plan to add a script/command to do the factory reset. It will delete all data, uninstall all the Fortanix Self-Defending KMS packages and bring the system back to factory default settings.
3. What is the default PKCS#11 log rotation policy?
Fortanix Self-Defending KMS cluster logs used for system debugging are now rotated by default to prevent disk space issues. They are rotated at 1G and maintains two previous/rotated logs.
4. How to interpret the appliance uptime that is displayed?
The uptime shown in the IPMI WebUI is the total uptime of the server since it was built.
5. What are the different FIPS level Fortanix Self-Defending KMS supports?
Fortanix Self-Defending KMS supports FIPS Level 3.
6. How to capture support data that will help in easy debugging?
From Fortanix Self-Defending KMS 3.23 release the following script can be used to debug faster.
sudo /opt/fortanix/sdkms/bin/support_dump.sh --cluster-info
This will generate support dump under