There are several ways to export Fortanix Data Security Manager (DSM) keys to major cloud providers that support BYOK for server-side encryption.
AWS BYOK Automation Using Plugin
- Go to the Fortanix DSM home page and click the Plugins icon.
Figure 1: Plugins
- In the Plugins page, click the PLUGIN LIBRARY tab and then click the AWS BYOK tile to load the associated plugin page with detailed information about the plugin, common use cases, setup, and format of the plugin inputs and outputs.
Figure 2: Plugin Library
- In the AWS BYOK plugin page, to install a plugin the user needs to click the GET PLUGIN button to go to the plugin creation page.
Figure 3: Get Plugin
- Review the plugin name and assign it to a group, and then click Save.
Figure 4: Review plugin details
- Now go to the detailed view of the plugin, where you can also test the plugin's request and response using the Test Plugin text box where you can paste a sample request from the plugin code and see the response in the Test output section. To configure and run the plugin click the INVOKE PLUGIN button.
Figure 5: Invoke PluginFor more request and response operations go to Fortanix DSM Plugin Library -> <plugin-name> -> OVERVIEW page as shown in Figure 3.
For more details on how to use the Plugin Library, see the article https://support.fortanix.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041950371-User-s-Guide-Plugin-Library