This article describes how to integrate Ping One with Fortanix using SAML configuration.
- Fortanix SDKMS
- Ping Identity installed and pre-configured on the user’s system
Configuration of Ping Identity
- Log in to the Ping Identity admin page. ( https://admin.pingone.com/web-portal/login).
- To create a new SAML application:
- Go to the APPLICATIONS tab.
- Click the subtab My Applications.
- Click the subtab SAML for configuring
- Now click the Add Application dropdown, and then select New SAML Application
- In the Application details, enter the Application Name, Application Description, Category and update the Graphics icon as per your organization.
- Click Continue to Next Step to go to the Application Configuration and update the following information as shown in the figure below:
Update the following information in the Ping Identity application:
- Assertion Consumer Service (ACS): https://sdkms.fortanix.com/saml
- Entity ID: https://sdkms.fortanix.com/saml/metadata.xml
- Application URL: https://sdkms.fortanix.com/
- Click Continue to Next Step for configuring SSO Attribute Mapping.
- If you do not have any SSO Attribute Mapping, then click Continue to Next Step to configure Group Access.
- Add the Group access for Domain Administrators and Users in the Directory.
- Review the setup and download the SAML Metadata, and then click Finish.
- Once done you will be able to find the application in the Ping Identity menu.
Configuration on Fortanix SDKMS
- Log in to the SDKMS portal (https://sdkms.fortanix.com/).
- In the SDKMS left panel click the Settings tab, and then in the Authentication tab, select Single Sign On.
- Add the SAML integration, and upload the SAML file downloaded from the Ping identity.
- Customize the SSO, by adding a name and URL for the logo image.
- Once you have the Ping Identity SSO integrated successfully you will be able to see it as shown in the following screenshot.
- Now, log out from Fortanix SDKMS and sign in using SSO.
NOTE: Please ensure that the users who will log into SDKMS are part of the Users list in ping Identity. A User can log in using Ping Identity SSO in Fortanix SDKMS only if the user's name is mentioned in the Ping Identity user domain.