Welcome to the Fortanix Confidential Computing Manager (CCM) User Guide. This article describes how to create a group in CCM.
A group is a collection of users and objects that helps users manage identities, create third-party groups, and organize and secure applications, datasets, and workflows that belong to the group.
For more information, refer to User's Guide: Groups and Third-party Groups.
2.0 Create, Update, and Delete Groups
2.1 Create a Group
To create a group:
- Click the Groups menu item in the CCM left navigation bar and click + ADD GROUP to add a new group.
Figure 1: Create Group
- In the Create Group form, enter the following details:
- Name – the group name. For ex: group1.
- Description (optional) – the dataset description.
- Labels (optional)– attach one or more key-value labels to the group.
- Click CREATE GROUP to complete creating the group.
Figure 2: Create new group
- The group is created.
Figure 3: Group Created
Figure 4: Group detailed view
2.2 Update Group Permission for a User
Users with Editor roles in a CCM account must manually be added to a group as Group administrator or Group auditor using the following steps:
- In the detailed view of a Fortanix CCM group, click the USERS tab.
- On the Users page, click +USERS to add a new user.
Figure 5: Add user to group
- In the ADD USERS form, select the user in the first column.
Figure 6: Select user
- For the new user, select the appropriate group permission.
- Click SAVE CHANGES to save the changes.
Figure 7: Select group permission for user
2.3 Update a Group
To edit a group:
- In the group's table view, click the overflow menu for the group you want to edit, and click EDIT GROUP to edit the group.
Figure 8: Edit Group
- In the EDIT GROUP form, make the necessary updates to the name, description, and label, and click SAVE.
- You can edit the group's Name, Description, Location, Labels, and Credentials.
- Click SAVE after you edit the group.
Figure 9: Edit group details
2.4 Remove a Group
To delete a group:
- In the group's table view, click the overflow menu for the group you want to remove.
- Click REMOVE GROUP to delete the group.
Figure 10: Remove Group